Monday, July 16, 2012

5-13-2010


One of the great things about going home to Philadelphia is visiting the Reading Market. So many different cuisines, so many enticing items.

For instance, the pork and broccoli rabe sandwich from deNic's was featured on the Travel Channel several times. Back then, I watched those people on TV have foodgasms and I assumed the food was that good, so upon trying this sandwich, I was mildly disappointed. The pork was flavorful, but kind of dry (though I think Asians may just have fewer salivary glands, which is why I'm so sensitive to dry meat). The broccoli rabe and the cheese they used (forgot which) create a sharp and pungent taste, an adult version of a popular hoagie. Personally, I would have preferred a cheesesteak, but I brought some back to my little brother and he loved it.

I also got a banana crepe while randomly walking through the place. There's just something about the taste of crepes that makes it taste good on any occasion. The buttery and dense flavor makes up for the fact that it's so thin, and how could you go wrong with whipped cream. I only wish I had gotten one with nutella.

Speaking of which, there's a place in St. Louis called crepe etc. that makes this RIDICULOUSLY good nutella, strawberry, and freshly whipped cream crepe. I only wish I had taken a picture that the time. Or maybe I did, but the picture's buried somewhere in my computer. I shared the crepe with a friend but I was still stuffed by the end. Well, it didn't help that I had also ordered their richly decadent hot cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment